We offer a variety of options for food allergies, special diets, and food requests.
Our number one concern is food safety:
- we can remove any ingredients
- we cannot buy substitute items for allergens, but you can provide subs
- you can request use of your own cooking tools
So, if you have a gluten allergy, please order from our gluten-free menu rather than ordering a regular dinner and requesting substitutions.
If you're concerned about cross-contact, we don't recommend using us:
- Elves use common kitchen tools and staples between homes.
- Some grocery items may have been processed in facilities where cross-contact with allergens could occur.
Since your Elf is cooking just for you, you can flag your allergy in the food requests section of your account.
- Good requests - Add extra salt, don't use whole wheat pasta
- Bad requests - Buy lobster instead of chicken, find walnuts that have been processed in a peanut-free facility
Note: If you flag your account with an allergy, we won't add new dinners to your menu unless you update this setting in your profile.
Diets and filters
Use our filters to search by diets, cuisines, and more. All dinners include ingredient lists, but we don't offer nutritional labels.
- Vegetarian - Our recipe planner is vegetarian, so we have lots of options :)
- (G) Gluten free - Our gluten free dinners may have cross-contamination.
- Whole30 - Dinners with the "W30" prefix comply with the rules of the Whole30 nutritional program. Get all of the unprocessed goodness without all the cooking!
- DASH diet - Dinners with the "DASH" prefix comply with the DASH diet.
- Paleo - All dinners in our Whole30 menu are paleo compliant.
- Kid-friendly - The founders of Dinner Elf have two very picky eaters (one is a pancake-atarian), so we've been creative to create a menu that works
- Dairy free - We don't have a filter yet, but see the ingredients list for any dinner
- Low carb - We don't have a filter yet, but see the ingredients list for any dinner
- Low sodium - We don't have a filter yet, but see the ingredients list for any dinner
Over time, we'll add more filters for other diets. Let us know what you'd like to see.